Plasma cutting and oxy-cutting software
Being well-known and very active in plate-working industries, starting with ship-building industry, Alma has a valuable experience in oxycutting and plasma cutting. Several innovating and inventive programming processes devised by Alma rely on these technologies, which includes: continuous cutting with no lead-outs, programming in “true” multi-torching, programming of scalable bevels, etc. From 2D cutting to 3D cutting and beveled cutting, several Alma’s software products support oxycutting and plasma cutting requirements.
The programming and nesting software for oxy-cutting and plasma cutting
Thanks to its ability to meet specific machine requirements, including heat constraints, involved in oxy-cutting and plasma cutting, act/cut is a powerful and flexible solution which efficiently combines automation and user interaction, when required.
Main advantages and benefits:
- High-performance automatic nesting (in terms of efficiency and calculation time) thanks to the availability of multiple nesting strategies
- Optimized multi-torch cutting control and ability to pilot machines equipped with programmable torches
- Optimized use of remnant sheets or off-cuts of any shape
- One click to perform the nesting, the tool path, and NC program generation
- Use of several methods to reduce the number of piercings on the sheet: continuous cutting (positive or negative bridges), chain cutting, common cut between two parts
- Efficient control of heat deformations
- Lead-ins/outs calculation to avoid burrs
- Ability to pilot programmable beveling heads.