CAM software for tubes and profile cutting
With CAD/CAM skills in 3D cutting and robotics, Alma has a developed a significant expertise in the programming of tube and profile cutting machines and robots through various installations in operation and close partnerships with several manufacturers.
A comprehensive CAD/CAM solution for the programming of tube and profile-cutting machines and robots
act/tubes is a dedicated and comprehensive CAD/CAM solution that can control any type of tube-cutting machines and robots (2D machines with a rotative axis, 4-axis machines dedicated to tubes cutting, 5-axis machines with one or several rotative axes, robot cells aimed at cutting tubes) and manage all the steps of the tube-cutting process, from the tube modeling to the CNC program generation.
Main advantages and benefits:
- Comprehensive CAD/CAM solution for tube and profile cutting operations, including upstream tube design and nesting operations
- A highly-automated job solution
- Ability to interact with any kind of tube-cutting systems
- Support of specific functions or requirements related to tube cutting machines (for example: automatic programming of loading/unloading peripheral units, coupling constraints for multiple-axis machines, etc.)
- Fully-integrated with act/ range solutions for the programming of 2D- and 3D-cutting machines
act/tubes can control any kind of tube-cutting systems:
- 2D machines with a rotative axis,
- 4-axis machines dedicated to tubes cutting,
- 5-axis machines with one or several rotative axes,
- Robot cells aimed at cutting tubes.
act/tubes performs all the tasks involved in the tube-cutting process:
- Tubes modeling
- Launching order management
- Automatic nesting of tube sections to be cut
- Creation and sequencing of the cutting tasks and post-processing including the specific ISO code generation for the machine or robot used.
Given the high investments involved in the installation of tube-cutting machines, using a non-dedicated or very little automated system would significantly affect and decrease your productivity. Choosing act/tubes means benefiting from an efficient and evolutive solution, which has been successfully tried and tested by several manufacturers and today relies on several industrial partnerships.