CAM software for 3D cutting
Thanks to a solid CAD/CAM experience in the cutting sector plus machine and robots programming skills, Alma has developed a highly-efficient solution for the programming of 5-axis cutting machines and cutting robots.
Programming software for 5-axis cutting machines and cutting robots
Through a simple and intuitive user interface, act/cut 3d is dedicated to the programming of any type of 3D-cutting machines regardless the number of axes or the cutting technique used (laser, plasma, waterjet, or routing). Providing support for advanced manufacturing functions, act/cut 3d can meet any kind of requirements, including high-level manufacturing requirements for the cutting of complex parts.
Main advantages and benefits:
- Comprehensive modeling of the machine and its environment
- Reduction of programming cycle thanks to powerful functions automating the creation of cutting trajectories, the definition of lead-ins/lead-outs and the sequencing of cutting profiles
- Reduction of cycle times
- Automatic search for collision-free trajectories
- Realistic simulation of the cutting sequence and visualization of possible anomalies (speed, collisions, accessibility, job tolerance)
- Management of cutting parameters in database material/thickness
- Easy-to-learn and use: simplified control panel, easy object handling, clear and simple display of cell objects, cutting profiles, and programs using tree-views
- Extension to other technological processes such as laser welding and polishing.
Based on an accurate 3D representation of the machine (including kinematics or axis limit elements) and its environment, act/cut 3d, thanks to automatic geometry analysis functions, can automatically define the cutting contours for CAD-imported parts.
Using a powerful algorithm that optimizes the paths while avoiding collisions, act/cut 3D generates the tool head trajectories. It also allows you to automatically model the tooling from the 3D model of the part to cut.
With act/cut 3d, you will easily create and validate NC programs thanks to realistic simulation and automatic control functions combined with display features for visualizing anomalies.
act/cut 3d is an autonomous programming software that can interact with machines and robots of any trademark and be used with complementary software products of act/ range:
- For the cutting of flat metal sheets by 5-axis machines, 2D programming modules are provided with act/cut 3d.
- For the cutting of tubes, act/tubes is available as an optional component and provides the required specific functions (modeling, nesting and programming).