act/cut advantages in waterjet cutting
Significant material savings
- Significant reduction of loss rates thanks to automatic nesting performance, resulting from several available strategies.
- Optimized use of remnant sheets or off-cuts of any shape.
- Optimized nesting in case of common cut.
Programming time reduced to the minimum
- Automatic configuration of cutting parameters and lead-ins/outs.
- Possibility to operate in full automatic mode (for nesting and tool path generation).
Improved quality of manufactured parts
- Optimal adjustment of cutting conditions (speed, abrasive dosage) according to various parameters (material, thickness, surface, perimeter, part geometry).
- Automatic speed decrease in corners to ensure the quality of the cutting results and avoid waterjet diffraction (according to the expected cutting quality and the used material and material thickness).
- Management of pre-pierced holes at the very beginning of the process or during the whole process).
Optimized cycle times
- Optimized and automatic calculation of tool path, including in case of common cut.
- Automatic or interactive control of fast trajectories in head-up or head-down modes.
- Automatic or interactive control of multi-head cutting.
Savings on consumables
- Reduced piercing thanks to the addition of bridges between parts that enable continuous cutting.
- Automatic control of cutting parameters (abrasive dosage, water pressure) according to the material to cut.
Ability to pilot complex or special machines
- Support of programmable beveling heads.
- Support of 5 axis waterjet cutting machines (with act/cut 3d).
Enhanced safety around the machine and eased handling in the workshop
- Availability of several strategies to prevent collisions between the cutting head and cut parts (or parts already cut) that may have toppled over: head lifting up, parabolic trajectory, cut part by-pass, or use of specific sequences minimizing risky passing over cut parts.
- Skeleton cutting management with various possible parameter settings to ease cut-off removal.